The uses for essential oils are diverse. Made from plants, the oils have many beautiful qualities and have been used in oriental countries for centuries for their healing qualities. Essential oils are extracted from plant leaves, flowers, stems, roots or bark, making them ideal tools for using as a natural and healthy solution in a more potent form. Since essential oils are obtained from plants and contain volatile aromas, they possess characteristic odour. They are extracted from plants through steam distillation or expression (pressing the rinds).
In fact, essential oils carry the essence of the plants in such a potent form that a single drop of essential oil can equal multiple teaspoons of the dried herb. For example, 1 drop of peppermint oil equals more than 25 cups of peppermint tea. This is why they can be used or applied in a multitude of ways and in many combinations to bring powerful results. In addition to working on a physical level, the oils can cause very pleasurable sensory experiences within minutes because of their fragrances and restorative natures, making them impactful on our brain chemistry, emotional well-being, and spiritual wellness.
It should be noted that the remarkable uses of essential oils can only be maximized when purity is involved. Since quality regulations are virtually non-existent, knowing where your oils come from and how they are created is crucial to ensuring safety and effectiveness. Also important is knowing how to use each oil properly. The oils that we work with, the Epoch Range, have been produced through tight quality controls at all stages of product development. In addition, the world’s leading ethnobotanists, Dr Paul Cox, has been involved in the process. He has studied the usage of botanicals by indigenous cultures and infuses this wisdom into our modern lifestyle.
Some uses for essential oils:
- Mix a couple of drops in a body oil and apply to your skin;
- Use as a diffuser and inhale the lovely aroma;
- Add a few drops to your bath water;
- Apply with your massage oils when having a massage; or
- Add a few drops into play dough and let the kids feel the effects too.
We have a few different blends of oils o offer:
- Epoch Harmony: Cinnamon Clove Blend- Powerful aromas, for a warm and cosy feeling;
- Epoch Chill: Eucalyptus Pine Blend – A fresh camphor-like smell, for a feeling of easy breathing and a cooling sensation;
- Epoch Sunshine: Citrus Mint Blend – This exotic essential oil blend makes you feel refreshed, for a perfect everyday start-up; and
- Epoch Peace: Lavender Bergamot Blend – Gives you a feeling of peace, all what you need to regain your balance.
We also have single blends for peppermint, lavender and lemon.
From every bottle of oil sold, we donate 10 percent to the Nourish the Children Foundation in Malawi that provides food and basic education to children and their families in Malawi. So, while feeling great when using the oils, you also help children in Malawi lead better lives. What’s not to like?
Drop us a line at Tiija.Rinta@gmail.com if you would like to order a bottle or two. From personal experience, we can say that on bottle lasts you several months!